Anaeho’omalu Beach (also know as A-Bay)
900′ long beach with salt and pepper sand. Free parking, showers/bathrooms, picnic areas.
Lava Lava Beach Club
Open-air beachside restaurant on A-Bay Beach. Relaxed dining with island cuisine, light fare as well as upscale options such as steak and seafood.
Shopping at Waikoloa Beach Resort
Four shopping areas available within the resort:
Kings’ Shops – Jewelry, Fashion & Beauty, Gifts, Outdoor Recreation, Dining and Various Services
Queens’ MarketPlace – Fashion, Outdoor Recreation, Art, Jewelry, Gifts, Grocery & Essentials, Movie Theatre, Dining and Various Services
Hilton Waikoloa Village – Gifts, Fashion, Jewelry, and Various Services
Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa – Gifts
Dining at Waikoloa Beach Resort
- A-Bay’s Island Grill (American)
- Foster’s Kitchen (American)
- Island Fish & Chips (Lakeside stand, Light fare)
- Roy’s Waikoloa Bar & Grill (Hawaiian-inspired Euro-Asian)
- Aloha Wine Bar (Light fare, cocktails)
- Bistro at the Cinemas (American and Vietnamese)
- Charley’s Thai Cuisine (Thai)
- Kuleana Rum Shack (Modern Hawaiian)
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill (Italian)
- Sansei Seafood, Steakhouse & Sushi Bar (Asian)
- Starbucks (Coffee)
- Island Gourmet Markets (Grocery)
- Food Court
- Aloha Bol (Hawaiian)
- Dairy Queen/Orange Julius
- Ippy’s Hawaiian BBQ (Hawaiian)
- Lemongrass Express (Thai)
- Marble Slab Creamery (Ice Cream)
- Paradise Pizza & Grill (American)
- Subway (Sandwiches)
- Lava Lava Beach Club (American and Hawaiian-Inspired)
- Mai Grille by Chef Allen Hess (Kings’ Course Clubhouse, American)
- Tropics Ale House (Beach Course Clubhouse, American)
- Kamuela Provision Company (Hilton Waikoloa Village, Steak and Seafood)
- Legends of Hawaii Luau – Hilton Waikoloa Village – Live music, dance, story and Hawaiian cuisine – Tue, Fri & Sun evenings
- Sunset Lu’au – Waikoloa Beach Marriott – Live music, dance, story, imu roast pig and Hawaiian buffet dinner – Mon & Wed evening
And more at Waikoloa Beach Resort and Hilton Waikoloa Village…
Spas at Waikoloa Beach Resort
Mandara Spa at Waikoloa Beach Marriott
Offering Eastern and Western treatments, facials, massages and stone therapy. Also offering mani-pedis, facials, waxing, hair & scalp treatment, makeup services and more. Appointment is required.
Kohala Spa at Hilton Waikoloa Villages
Offers massages, scrubs, facials, wraps, hydrotherapy in their spa facilities and full-service salon that offers hair, nail care and makeup services
We would recommend Golf at Nearby Mauna Lani and Mauna Kea Resorts
Natural History at Waikoloa Beach Resort
Ku’uali’i and Kahapapa Fishponds
Two historic fishponds near A-Bay Beach that were part of a large complex of fish ponds tended for generations by family groups.
Marked petroglyph trail near the Kings’ Shops gas station with complimentary guided tour provided Thu-Sun at 9:30am. To learn more about Petroglyphs and where else to see them on the Island check out our Petroglyphs page.
Brackish water pools in depressions and lava tubes that exhibit tidal fluctuation despite being some distance from the sea. This is because of their connect to the groundwater movement and sea through the porous lava. Fed by the ocean and freshwater springs, various small fish, crustaceans, mollusks and opae’ula (tiny red shrimps) make these ponds their home.
Meaning “trail by the sea”, part of this 175-mile ancient pathway runs along the coastline of the Waikoloa Beach Resort. The Ala Kahakai National Historic Trails links communities, temples, fishing spots along the west coast of the Big Island. This connects to a network of several trails, which can be accessible from A-Bay shoreline.
We recommend contacting organisations directly to get the most up to date information about their operations.