FALL IN LOVE WITH ONE
OF HAWAII’S BEST BEACHES
Enjoy the video
Calm & Crystal Clear Waters
Relax and enjoy the calm waters. Snorkel out by the point and see colorful tropical fish. As an added bonus, if the waves happen to be high this sheltered bay is a great place to learn how to surf!
Our Favorite Beach
We love coming here for relaxing walks on the beach, swimming, snorkelling, and building sandcastles!
With limited public parking, Mauna Kea Beach is rarely crowded. But make sure to get there early in the morning to get a spot!
PEACEFUL WHITE SAND BEACH
Mauna Kea Beach is our absolute favorite beach.
Arrive early! There is a limited amount of free beach parking at Mauna Kea hotel. Typically, you will need to arrive by 8 or 9 am to get a parking space in the morning. You can also try to get parking around lunch time and in the evening, when the beach is less busy.
Some Great Activities to try here:
- Swimming and boogie boarding: Most of the time, the waters of Kauna’oa Bay are calm and perfect for a relaxing swim. But when the surf is up, it is also a great boogie boarding spot!
- Sand Castle Building: The white sands of Mauna Kea Beach are perfect for building an amazing sand castle with the family. Our homes are equipped with sand castle building tools and a wonderful guide to creative sand sculptures.
- Long Walks on the Beach: We love getting up early or heading over in the evening for a peaceful walk on the beach. Over 1/4 mile long, this crescent-shaped beach is perfect for romantic walks.
- Snorkeling: There are two locations for great snorkelling in Kauna’oa Bay:
- Near the rocks on the left side of the beach – more sheltered and accessible with great opportunities to see reefs and colorful tropical fish! Just make sure not to stray too far from shore where the waves can be a bit choppier
- Toward the north side of the beach – beautiful sights but more exposed, recommended for strong swimmers only
We recommend contacting organisations directly to get the most up to date information about their operations.