Swim with free dolphins,
snorkel with mantas, and more
Swim with Dolphins
Michael and Melainah Yee have been providing ocean swim eco-tours with their company SunLight on Water for 20 years, making it one of the oldest and most experienced dolphin swim companies on the Big Island! They are both USCG licensed captains, and Mike is one of the most experienced captains on the Big Island.
SunLight on Water operates their tours on their boat, Uhane Nui O Nai’a (Great Spirit of the Dolphin), with the utmost respect for dolphins, mantas, whales and the ocean. They make the safety of you, the ocean and its inhabitants their top priority.
They offer a variety of tours including:
- Dolphin Swim – morning tours to swim with wild Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins
- Swim with Mantas – night snorkel with manta rays
- Dolphin and Kealakekua Combo – swim with dolphins and snorkel in Kealakekua Bay (Captain Cook Monument)
- Captain Cook Afternoon Snorkel – snorkel in Kealakekua Bay Marine Sanctuary
- Whale Watching – January to March, observe North Pacific Humpback Whales breed, calve and nurse their young
We recommend contacting organisations directly to get the most up to date information about their operations.